Love is a pretty powerful drug. When you feel it, you really feel it. It can suspend time, making the whole world seem still except for you two when you find true love.
It feeds you more than any nourishment; you feel full in the presence of love.
But there’s a vast difference between love and true love. True love knows no depth. It’s an endless tunnel that sweeps you up in the whirlwind and you’re never quite free from it. It stays with you. And you hope this person will too.
True love isn’t ordinary. It doesn’t come around often and that’s how you’ll know it’s genuine. What is great is when you know exactly how it works and making it work for you.
….Or, you know, you could read this list and find out for yourself. Here are some signs you are truly in love with your partner:
- You see something and instead of thinking how happy it makes you, you think about how happy it would make them.
- You can get all-out mad or depressed or happy or whatever it is that you are in front of that person you are fond of. And you know it won’t change how they feel about you. When you are able to be yourself with someone and you still feel accepted, then you know you are on your way to finding tenderness.
- Patience: It doesn’t matter how long it takes for them to understand something, you enjoy spending the time teaching or learning from them then the experience is true. You will be angry at this person, but you do not feel like running away from the conversation.
- You have the option to wear your go-to outfit, but still take an extra five minutes to get ready. When you are late for your dates, it is not to an angry person, they are just so happy to see you that being late doesn’t spoil the evening.
- You live for their quirks. You love that they take up the entire dance floor when they break a move. You like that you can’t share meals because they hate chicken. You enjoy that they will discuss celebrities like they’re your real friends. You’d much rather have them be weird than anyone else, and them being weird is not annoying to you.
- You don’t desire other people. Yes, you might find some of them attractive, but no part of you wants them.
- You willingly give in to the things you normally don’t compromise on.
- You never grow tired of their company. It’s always just better when they are there. Even if you two don’t fill the silence, you’re content simply knowing they are present. Those are the most intimate moments, just relaxing and being together.
- You have moments of insecurity but their reassurance makes you realize it doesn’t matter. Only when they say things will be fine do you genuinely believe it. You have these dreams about wanting to take care of them, make their life so much easier and is willing to do most things in making them happy.
- You never don’t want to listen to them – even when they sing Motown absolutely terribly in the shower. Not to mention those jokes, awful but you laugh your heart out anyway.
- When you do fight — it’s part of loving someone — you truly don’t want to be mad at them. You don’t talk badly about them after it’s resolved either because you know their actions came from a good place. As if it’s even possible, you find them to be even cuter when they are sleeping. (I promise this isn’t creepy…)
- They can come at you with anything — news, secrets, maybe even a cricket bat — and you won’t judge or hate them for it.